Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Good Job!

Good Job! 4 years 3 months ago #862

• smurf
  • Fresh Boarder
I recently installed the 64-bit Gnome version and I want to say "thanks" and "good job" for your work. The installation was easy and I've had no problems with anything even after modifying some of the flags (removed some of the video devices and added -march=native) and fully updating the system.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Good Job! 4 years 2 months ago #880

• smurf
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm still enjoying Toorox. But, I did think of one problem I had with the installation. I'm using a laptop with an Intel Core i3 330M processor with Intel graphics and a 1366X768 monitor. After clicking install, the system would process a few lines, then the screen would go blank. Replacing vga=791 with video=intel worked, but I don't know if that was the best solution.

Aw: Re: Good Job! 4 years 2 months ago #883

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
I think you can remove the vga=791 entry or set it to vga=normal.
I'm using a laptop with an Intel Core i3 330M processor with Intel graphics and a 1366X768 monitor.
Did you select the 1280x768 menu entry when you boot the DVD?

Re: Aw: Re: Good Job! 4 years 2 months ago #884

• smurf
  • Fresh Boarder
Joern wrote:
I think you can remove the vga=791 entry or set it to vga=normal.
I'm using a laptop with an Intel Core i3 330M processor with Intel graphics and a 1366X768 monitor.
Did you select the 1280x768 menu entry when you boot the DVD?

No, I left it at the default since none of the choices exactly matched my specs. However, after installation, I removed (I renamed it) the xorg.conf to see if HAL would recognize my hardware and everything seems to work well.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds