Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: anonymous surfing

anonymous surfing 5 years 4 months ago #387

hi there..
toorox is a system for anonymous surfing, yes ? so how can i set or configure a browsers in toorox for that kind of surfing ?
maybe i need to run a software or something ? but i dont know which and where to find it...
on default configurator i am steel visible for anyone (included RIIA agents and other mthfkrs scanning torrent global net)... so how can i hide my IP and other info ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: anonymous surfing 5 years 4 months ago #390

• fynn
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
hi dafunkonline !

toorox is a complete modern linux distri, no tool for surfing anonymus.
in use the live linux from the cd and you shutdown their are no traces on the host !
toorox is no tool like a privacy dongle !!
nice day
fynn

Aw: anonymous surfing 5 years 4 months ago #392

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi dafunkonline,
toorox is a system for anonymous surfing, yes ?
No - not by default. It is a live-system for e.g. secure browsing.
You can install and try vidalia - it's a QT4 gui for tor.

Greetings

Re:anonymous surfing 5 years 2 weeks ago #515

Then they just need to change the wording on sites and in advertising. i.e."anonymously" must be changed to "securely" (if it is secure) otherwise it's what is called 'false advertising'...
For example, as currently on distrowatch.com for Toorox:
"It is a useful tool for backing up data, browsing the Internet anonymously, or taking a first look at the capabilities of Linux."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds