Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: USB pen drive installation instructions please?

USB pen drive installation instructions please? 4 years 11 months ago #541

Hello!
I really like this new Toorox system and have put it on a hard drive and customized to my liking. I would also like to create a bootable 4GB USB pen drive (and tried) for traveling, but I must be missing something as I can;t get it to boot (Note that I already set the BIOS to boot from 'other'...) -Can anybody give me the "1-2-3" instructions for making a bootable pen drive w/ Toorox?
Please advise. Thanks.
Al
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: USB pen drive installation instructions please? 4 years 11 months ago #548

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello alneumann,

When you turn on your PC is there a F-Key which will show you the BIOS bootmenu?

Aw: USB pen drive installation instructions please? 4 years 11 months ago #549

Yes, I have already been in CMOS but didn't see anything directly relating to pen drive booting -although perhaps I didn't recognize it (?)
The only item I saw in CMOS is as mentioned previously, "(Note that I already set the BIOS to boot from 'other'...)" and I've tried the CMOS values a couple different ways there.
Please advise w/ more detail.
Thanks.
Al

Aw: USB pen drive installation instructions please? 4 years 11 months ago #550

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Mostly you have 2 options to define the boot device:

First - Go into the BIOS setup menu. There you can change the boot order of many different devices which should be checked on startup.

Second - A direct jump into the BIOS bootmenu on startup. This is my way to boot the pen drive. There i have to go to the section +HardDisk and my USB drive is displayed as a sub-device in there.

So, if the first option doesn't work for you - you have to find out the magic key which will bring you directly into the BIOS boot menu of your machine.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds