Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 512MB NVIDIA G210

512MB NVIDIA G210 4 years 7 months ago #466

Having a problem with the resolution - Everything appears very large. what can I do?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: 512MB NVIDIA G210 4 years 7 months ago #468

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
You have to switch to a higher resolution.
Have you chosen the correct resolution for your display from the bootmenu?
Have you installed the binary driver for your card?

Re:Aw: 512MB NVIDIA G210 4 years 7 months ago #469

The boot menu does not have a resolution that matches the optimal resolution for my LCD.

I ran the Toorox NVIDIA scripts in the configuration menu and assumed that that would download the proper binary driiver. Was I wrong?

If I use the default at the boot menu then I don't have a chance to choose a higher resolution.

Aw: Re:Aw: 512MB NVIDIA G210 4 years 7 months ago #470

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
The boot menu does not have a resolution that matches the optimal resolution for my LCD.
What is the optimal resolution of your LCD?
I ran the Toorox NVIDIA scripts in the configuration menu and assumed that that would download the proper binary driiver. Was I wrong?
That's okay. Have you tried to change the resolution with the nvidia-settings tool?
Kmenu -> System -> NVIDIA X Server Settings
You should add the resolution to the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (Section "Screen")

Re: Aw: Re:Aw: 512MB NVIDIA G210 4 years 7 months ago #471

Problem resolved. I went back and reinstalled Toorox, choosing the nearest screen resolution below mine. I then installed the binaries and ran NVIDIA xconfig.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds