Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Toorox 8.2012 LITE - Radeon HD drivers

Toorox 8.2012 LITE - Radeon HD drivers 2 years 1 month ago #1613

• Eli3841
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I installed the new Lite on my PC. The fan of my GPU was going full throttle when I booted into the live DVD, as well as when I booted my PC after installing Roorox on my HD. This hasn't happened with the latest Toorox KDE.

After some research, I decided that this may be an issue with the open radeon drivers (I have a Radeon 6950), so I followed ALL the Gentoo instructions on installing ati-drivers. As part of the process I installed new gentoo-sources (genkernel --menuconfig --installer=grub all), and rebooted. The only changes I made to the kernel configuration were removing the DRI module as suggested by the Gentoo wiki, and removing some fs which I know I won't use (XFS, JFS).

On the boot screen there was no option for the new kernel (Only Win7 and Toorox) and when I choose Toorox I boot into... something with non working graphics.

Any suggestions as to what I should do will be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Toorox 8.2012 LITE - Radeon HD drivers 2 years 1 month ago #1614

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi,

first - did you try to change the values in /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_profile?
echo low > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_profile
Possible values are: default, low, mid, high, auto.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds