Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boots + detects ok, but will not go beyond login.

Boots + detects ok, but will not go beyond login. 4 years 9 months ago #520

• Timmi
  • Fresh Boarder
Live DVD: Toorox boots, almost everything has a nice green (OK) beside it, so it seems to detect everything very nicely. The exception is Eth0 (but I don't care, I use WiFi only, and Eth0 may be disabled anyways).

It gives the login prompt, and I enter "user".
After that, instead of continuing, it just stays at the command prompt, and goes no further. Does not go further to load graphical interface or anything.

Toshiba laptop computer, Core 2 duo intel T5200 processor, centrino chipset.
All other Linux distributions I've tried seem to work well on it, including Knoppix. The MD5 checksum on the downloaded file matches. In Mint-ubuntu I used Brasero to burn the dvd, accepting the proposed auto-determined parameters (4x (not maximum), leave open).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Boots + detects ok, but will not go beyond login. 4 years 9 months ago #521

• fynn
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
hi timmi !
normaly toorox live is booting in auto modus, without a login prompt!! complet with KDE !
Your problem is the grafic driver. is this driver incorrect, toorox booting stops on a login prompt!

xmodule=vesa (default)
xmodule=nv ( nvidia)
xmodule=radeonhd ( atiradeon)

you can change it in the first bootscreen: TAB key and change xmodule= xxxxxxx

in this forum are posts for a solution from admin jörn : toorox login( german) and other. please look around
in our forum.

with regards
fynn

Re:Aw: Boots + detects ok, but will not go beyond 4 years 9 months ago #522

• Timmi
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks but I was under the impression that the other problem described in the forum was very different from my experience. I don't get a screen that goes blank and stays black and dead. The text stays there, after the login, it just stays at the command prompt, as if it opened a terminal session.

I did try what you suggested, typing xmodule=(switch) and it accepted the command, but it doesn't go any further after that.

Perhaps you wanted me to integrate that into a script or something... that is not going to happen. I'm a newbie and would like to know how to- make this launch out of the box (as Kubuntu 9.10 in which I am writing this right now).

Here is what I get from lspci
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds