Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Toorox 64 bit Nvidia

Toorox 64 bit Nvidia 4 years 3 months ago #634

Hello,
I've downloaded Toorox 64 bit version and after the successfull install tried to configure Nvidia driver. I've clicked on Startup ->Multimedia and drivers -> Nvidia drivers. After a while I've got a message that everything went fine but after a click on the button nothing happened, only blinking cursor. Than I've typed xrestore and tried to download drivers from Nvidia's site. Don't remember exactly the message but something about diferences between driver and OS version. I've tried to run nvidia-xconfig but after restart some messages about not finding hardware and interrupst occurs. It is strange, Pardus, CalculateLinux and the old 32bit Toorox worked just fine. Colud you help me?
Zoltan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Toorox 64 bit Nvidia 4 years 3 months ago #640

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi alacszoli,
I've clicked on Startup ->Multimedia and drivers -> Nvidia drivers. After a while I've got a message that everything went fine
Do it again and after the successfull driver installation - make a system reboot.

Joern

Re: Aw: Toorox 64 bit Nvidia 4 years 3 months ago #683

• jolato
  • Senior Boarder
Basically, I have the same problem. I clicked on Multimedia driver and selected Geforce 6. I don't remember if it hung, but I think it did.

But anyway, how can I check what drivers are currently installed and if there are better drivers available for my card, a Nvidia 9600M GT ?

Aw: Re: Aw: Toorox 64 bit Nvidia 4 years 3 months ago #685

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Start Systemconfig -> Software and search for nvidia-drivers.
Select the 190.53er for installation if it's not already installed.
After that - open a terminal and execute as root:
eselect opengl set nvidia
At least you have to edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and change the driver in
Section "Device" to:
Driver "nvidia"
Restart X now or make a reboot ...

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Toorox 64 bit Nvidia 4 years 3 months ago #688

• jolato
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks a lot, this worked perfectly
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds