Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: kstartupconfig4 error on Toorox_01.2010_32 install

kstartupconfig4 error on Toorox_01.2010_32 install 4 years 9 months ago #598

Hello!
I only receive an error when attempting to install the newest version, Toorox_01.2010_32-Bit. Error,
"kstartupconfig4 does not exist or fails. The error code is 127. Che" (truncated there) -I'm sure this says more but the error window is not reachable via mouse or keyboard.

Notes:
1) I have already had the previous version (Toorox_10.2009) installed and running just fine.
2) I am simply loading and running the ISO install file for Toorox_01.2010_32-Bit, for installation to over-write the old version on same drive, but booting only gets to, I think, loading KDE then hits the error (with no errors prior to this).
3) I'm using all exact same hardware as was used for the previous version.
4) I researched "kstartupconfig4" but could not find any resolution that seemed appropriate for first-time installing for ISO.
5) I am installing the English version, and hit same error under different video options, including the default.
6) All other drives (w/ other OSs) still work just fine on the (same) hardware.

Please advise.
Thanks.
Al
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: kstartupconfig4 error on Toorox_01.2010_32 install 4 years 9 months ago #599

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hmm, that's strange!

kstartupconfig4 is in /usr/bin and is a part of the package:
kde-base/kstartupconfig
You can check this by executing as root:
qfile kstartupconfig4
I don't know why the installer hasn't copied the file correctly?
If it is the only missing file, you can:
-Boot the DVD
-Mount your Toorox partition
-Copy /usr/bin/kstartupconfig4 to /usr/bin of your Toorox partition

Greetings

Re: Aw: kstartupconfig4 error on Toorox_01.2010_32 install 4 years 9 months ago #608

Your recommendation appears based upon a successful boot into the DVD ISO. However, it is this very booting to DVD that is failing. i.e.: My initial # 2:
"I am simply loading and running the ISO install file for Toorox_01.2010_32-Bit, for installation to over-write the old version on same drive, but booting only gets to, ..."
It's as if the ISO is not cooperating or finding kstartupconfig4. More specifically, when booting the DVD we are presented with the blue-background boot list having:
"Start Toorox (Default)
Start Toorox 15" LCD-Display (1024/768)
Start Toorox (17-19" LCD-Display… " (and so forth…)
Regardless which we try, and the Default is the main one attempted, we encounter the error during the initial DVD ISO text-based services loading KDE, just prior to loading ALSA drivers. i.e.: We never get to see any GUI…

Better news? -maybe not: Although our initial download/burn appeared to work just fine, as for example we get over 800k/sec speed, I have since re-downloaded and re-burnt a new DVD, and have found the DVD and install to work. Perhaps there was a blip in the initial 'burn' (?), but getting to the boot list we did not suspect anything wrong.
However, now I am finding with the new DVD that the installation routine always gets ‘stuck’ (freezes up) either at 40% or 60% -no error messages or sign of hard drive or DVD activity after 1-1/2 hours. We’ll try installing once or twice more, but then I believe we’ll need to abandon this release.

Thanks.
Al

Re: Aw: kstartupconfig4 error on Toorox_01.2010_32 install 4 years 9 months ago #613

Okay, on our planned last install attempt, using a different DVD player, we finally got this (Toorox_01.2010_32-Bit) version to install.
So, for us, I believe this particular "ksetupconfig4" issue may be closed, however please check the SMBK/Samba issue under Networking i.e.: The System Settings, Networking and Samba (all) tabs are still gray'd out / disabled under this version.

Re: Aw: kstartupconfig4 error on Toorox_01.2010_32 install 4 years 9 months ago #614

Okay, on our planned last install attempt, using a different DVD player, we finally got this (Toorox_01.2010_32-Bit) version to install.
So, for us, I believe this particular "ksetupconfig4" issue may be closed, however please check the SMBK/Samba issue under Networking i.e.: The System Settings, Networking and Samba (all) tabs are still gray'd out / disabled under this version.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds