Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corrupted Images

Corrupted Images 3 years 1 month ago #1238

• DrTeeth
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

The 64-bit KDE and XFCE images seem to be corrupt. I have downloaded them both twice, but I cannot open the ISOs, which I can do if they are not corrupt. The utility that I use to make a bootable pen drive uses 7-zip to extract files from the ISO and fails with these two. No issues with the Gnome 64 bit ISO. I can open the 'faulty' ISOs with ISO Buster.

Please advise.

DrT
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Corrupted Images 3 years 1 month ago #1239

• DrTeeth
  • Fresh Boarder
I have made some progress. I can extract the data from the ISO and make another. I can create a bootable USB stick, but I cannot change the language of Toorox to English.

Update - I cannot even get to English with the ISO that is okay. I'm out of ideas so will have to give up unless some help can be forthcoming.

DrT

Re: Corrupted Images 3 years 1 month ago #1240

• fynn
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
hi Dr T,
i don't understand what you do with iso buster!!
to create a toorox live usb stick, there is a tool on the desctop.
you can change the language in the bootscreen, hit tab and change the language from "de" to "en".
You can also look here: toorox.de/index.php/de/forum/30-running-live/1224-livedvd-with-english-possible#1225

best regards
fynn

Re: Corrupted Images 3 years 1 month ago #1241

• DrTeeth
  • Fresh Boarder
Isobuster is used to extract data from *corrupted* ISOs and damaged CD/DVDs. Did you check for the corruption? I am quite capable of creating a USB boot disk and managed to do so AFTER dealing with the bad ISOs. Could not change the language no matter what I did.

DrT

Re: Corrupted Images 3 years 1 month ago #1242

• rolandx1
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
md5sum is ok?
irc.freenode.net
channel: #calculate #calculate-de

Re: Corrupted Images 3 years 1 month ago #1243

• DrTeeth
  • Fresh Boarder
BTW, the ISOs were downloaded several times with the same results.

The corrupt ISOs could not be examined or extracted by a standard decompression utility. Only the Gnome spin was okay.

The md5sums was not checked as the ISOs were not usable and d/l several times.

I deal with many Linux distros and currently have 9 installed on my home network, 5 on my main PC alone. All were installed without any issue.

DrT

Re: Corrupted Images 3 years 1 month ago #1244

• rolandx1
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
i use linux a lang time and i never extracted isos with a "standard decompression utility", and say iso is not usable (in your usual way) and not checking md5sum is hm.... difficulty. you can try unsquashfs, maybe it works. or isohybrid (version 3.6+)
i cant believe you are the only one person who work with a corrupted iso :)
irc.freenode.net
channel: #calculate #calculate-de

Re: Corrupted Images 3 years 1 month ago #1245

• DrTeeth
  • Fresh Boarder
I have actually burnt one of the 'corrupted' images to disk and it works. I do have to say it is VERY unusual to find a sound ISO that does NOT extract.

DrT

Corrupted Images 1 year 9 months ago #1684

7-Zip refuses to open the file, even when the MD5 sums match for the 32-bit XFCE ISO.

It boots and installs fine after opening the ISO with UltraISO and saving the ISO under a different name!

Looks like a malformed ISO header.

Corrupted Images 1 year 9 months ago #1689

• DrTeeth
  • Fresh Boarder
RJARRRPCGP wrote:
7-Zip refuses to open the file, even when the MD5 sums match for the 32-bit XFCE ISO.

It boots and installs fine after opening the ISO with UltraISO and saving the ISO under a different name!

This is why the usual utils to make a bootable USB stick fail as they all 'extract' the file first. Toorox ISOs are the only Linux ISOs that have this issue - I have over 10 distros installed across my various PCs.

DrT

Corrupted Images 1 year 9 months ago #1691

DrTeeth wrote:
RJARRRPCGP wrote:

This is why the usual utils to make a bootable USB stick fail as they all 'extract' the file first. Toorox ISOs are the only Linux ISOs that have this issue - I have over 10 distros installed across my various PCs.

DrT

You're right! Everything that relies on 7-Zip fails, because 7 -Zip always refuses to open the file, even when MD5 sums match!

This is the first time I had this kind of problem.

Corrupted Images 1 year 9 months ago #1692

• DrTeeth
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh, I tell a small lie! Sabayon had the issue for about a week a while back. As soon as it was reported, it was fixed.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds