Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installer

Installer 3 years 9 months ago #1005

I all! :D

I am Francesco from Italy.

One month ago I installed Toorox KDE 64 bit.
I had many problems with installer (and other things), because it was in German language. :( :( :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Installer 3 years 9 months ago #1006

• rolandx1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
hi :)
boot: change language to english
desktop: installer=english
for more help join irc.fu-berlin.de #toorox

cu
irc.freenode.net
channel: #calculate #calculate-de

Aw: Installer 3 years 9 months ago #1007

• tux
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
ciao Francesco,

prima di avviare il dvd, si può passare alla parte superiore della lingua inglese, quindi si ha la risoluzione del monitor reapproval

ciao

tux
irc.freenode.net #toorox-de

Aw: Installer 3 years 9 months ago #1008

• rolandx1
  • Gold Boarder
before starting the dvd, it can be passed to the advanced part of the English language, therefore the resolution of the monitor is had reapproval

;)
irc.freenode.net
channel: #calculate #calculate-de

Re: Aw: Installer 3 years 9 months ago #1014

I just setted the language as you wrote, but then there were many German words.
Luckily, I know some German word (no Google :P). :D

Re: Installer 3 years 7 months ago #1087

• kmb42vt
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All,

I'm still having a problem trying to install Toorox to my hard drive during the Live session due to the Toorox installer not being in English. I click on the desktop icon (labeled in German on an English desktop) that is supposed to install Toorox to the hard drive and the installer is in German. I've set Toorox to default to English with no problem as well as my keyboard but the installer still remains in German which means I can't install Toorox--I know no German at all.

Is there a way to change the installer itself to English? I'd really like to give it a try.

Re: Installer 3 years 7 months ago #1088

• Joern
  • Administrator
Hi kmb42vt,

please open a terminal and type in:
cat /proc/cmdline
Look at the end of the line.
lang=de
or
lang=us
?

Re: Installer 3 years 7 months ago #1089

• kmb42vt
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry for the delay but I have to boot into the LiveDVD in order to do any troubleshooting. And I should have stated previously that I was running the Gnome version of Toorox. The output of the terminal command was:
initrd=/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz ramdisk_size=100000 init=/sbin/init vga=791 xscreen=1440x900 vrefresh=75 noddc lang=de nomce noapic  BOOT_IMAGE=Toorox BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/isolinux/linux 

Most of Toorox Live is in English although some parts are still in German. Seems like a mix of both. I chose English at boot up but it still boots up in German. The boot menu has an entry for switching to English but choosing it doesn't seem to do anything. Highlighting it and hitting the Tab key just brings me to a command prompt with no options. I end up booting into a Live session of Toorox that's in German. I then have to log out, change the language to English and log back in again which gives me a desktop that's mostly English and partly German. I also noticed that the only Icecat language pack that's installed (for spell checking) is German, no English even though Icecat is in English.

Re: Installer 3 years 7 months ago #1090

• kmb42vt
  • Fresh Boarder
Found the problem more or less. I had installed the Toorox 64 bit (Gnome 2.32) .iso to my thumbdrive using Unetbootin and was booting from that. This came up with a different boot menu than booting from a DVD and English cannot be selected. The entry is there but is does nothing when I clicked on it.

So I burned the same .iso to a DVD which booted up to a slightly different boot menu and I could successfully switch the language to English by clicking on the entry. Once the desktop displayed the installer was in English and Toorox installed fine. :cheer:

Re: Installer 3 years 7 months ago #1091

• Joern
  • Administrator
:) Okay
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds