Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Toorox

Toorox 4 years 6 months ago #483

Grateful thanks to all concerned for an excellent distro with easy installation.

Of the twelve I have installed and used this has been the best so far almost everthing I needed is available.

Only the fact that I always boot from a floppy caused any problem, but that was corrected and now everything works.

Regards

John
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Toorox 4 years 6 months ago #484

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi johnathan,

you are welcome and thanks for your compliment.
I am very pleased to hear that. :)

Greetings Joern

Re: Aw: Toorox 4 years 5 months ago #533

• rokky
  • Fresh Boarder
I, too, am impressed with this relatively unknown operating system. Don't know how big a team works on this but it is well done and certainly stands head to toe with the big boys. I'm currently running the 64 bit version along side of Sabayon's 64 bit gnome and Toorox is more stable and bug free. Sabayon refuses to open jpeg and does not detect my sansa media player which I find very frustrating.

Re:Aw: Toorox 4 years 5 months ago #542

Hi Joerm

Your very welcome.

I know if a disto is to succeed it must progress, but perhaps unlike many others Toorox will continue support those that do not have the most up to date systems.

It was so usefull to have my wired network connected automatically and be able to use dial-up internet without a problem.

As I said before I always use a floppy to boot all OS's . There are probably others who are a bit worried about corrupting their MBR's so a grub boot from floppy option may encourage a few more converts to Toorox

Regards

John
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds