Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: resolution

resolution 5 years 3 months ago #282

Hi everybody,
I've some problems with screen resolution. On the inital menu at the beginning of booting process I've choosed 1440*900 resolution, but when the KDE starts it has some resolution which is higher, so my desktop was scrollable. After the installation, I've installed the Nvidia driver and in setting I've choose the same resoulution but the desktop is scrollable again. The menu is on the right place but I can scroll what is sometime anoying. Sorry for my engl. lang.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: resolution 5 years 3 months ago #283

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi alacszoli!

Have you tried to boot from DVD with the default settings (1024x768)? Is the Desktop even so scrollable, too?

Re:Aw: resolution 5 years 3 months ago #285

Thank's for an answer. I've run nvidia-settings as root and select my resolution to 1440*900 and now it is ok. I belive that video driver used during boot process as live dvd does not support this resolution. If I remember well it was 1440 * 10xx so my screen was bigger. I'm going to test it again with live dvd but now it works well as regular installed distro.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds