Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Network Connection

Network Connection 2 years 9 months ago #1407

Hello, i am interested in using Toorox, though have not yet downloaded. Before i download, i wish to know how well Toorox can identify and connect portable wifi devices and 3G usb modems, generally these are supplied by the IP provider with facility to give either a 3G or fallback to 2G network (HSUPA/HSDPA/UMTS 2100/900MHz) & (GMS/GPRS/EDGE). The portable wifi requires a WEP Key and SSID to be entered for connection - Huawai E5832 & Huawei E585. The 3G usb modems are Huawei E160E & Huawei K4511 and require SIM phone number/service number and PIN (Not username and pin).
At present i am running Ubuntu which uses "network manager" providing a choice of wireless; wired; mobile broadband; VPN; DSL
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Network Connection 2 years 9 months ago #1408

• fynn
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi get2gether,
Nice to meet you here.
Im using a huawei Stick from Vodafone , maybe until Trx 2.2011.
There is no Problem and its easy to configurate.
Kinds regards.
Fynn
Huawei E 160 E
The following user(s) said Thank You: get2gether

Aw: Network Connection 2 years 9 months ago #1410

• Joern
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
At present i am running Ubuntu which uses "network manager" providing a choice of wireless; wired; mobile broadband; VPN; DSL
Toorox is using NetworkManager, too

Greets
The following user(s) said Thank You: get2gether

Re: Aw: Network Connection 2 years 8 months ago #1411

Sounds like i need not have worried! That's really great to find out, as there are very few linux distro's around outside of debian/ubuntu that use 'network-manager', although i know archbang has it in their repository, though not as default. I 'assume' the drivers for all the various hardware eg; vodafail; optus; telstra; iinet; etc, are written into the kernel? Iv'e often wondered about that.

So now i can download, thank you!

Re: Aw: Network Connection 2 years 8 months ago #1435

Have downloaded and installed toorox, what a slick little install program, network-manager had me up and connected in next to no time. Boot time is rather impressive too, and using just 175MB memory at idle, that's pretty dam good!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds